An antibiotic stewardship educational module
CMS appropriately continues to emphasize its Antibiotic Stewardship program for nursing homes, and education is a core component of that commitment to drive better care. This educational module focuses on one very cost-effective tool that can be employed in that initiative: probiotics.
At the conclusion of this module, participants should understand:
- Importance of gut microbiota on health
- Impact of antibiotics on the intestine
- Probiotics: definition, regulation of, and mechanism of action
- Data available specific to LGG®
- Just like antibiotics, not all probiotics are alike
- Cautions in use
Kalin M. Clifford, PharmD, BCPS, BCGP
Assistant Professor Pharmacy Practice, Geriatrics & Pediatrics Division
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy
There are no reviews yet.