Listed below are some of the benefits NADONA provides to our members and the long-term care profession.
The National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration Long Term Care Academy of Fellows is established to serve as a forum for educational guidance and provision.
Nurse Leaders and Nurse Executives in the long term care continuum, who have achieved certification prior to the establishment of this Academy, may be inducted into the Academy.
As a Fellows in the Academy of Fellows, the title, FACDONA (Fellow of the Academy of Certified Directors of Nursing Administration) may be used following their credentials.
NADONA and Capella University are teaming up for you
Together, we’re partnering to offer education benefits available only to NADONA members. Because we believe our best investment is in your future—and an online degree is a powerful path to get you there.
FOR JOB SEEKERS AND EMPLOYERS
Your one stop career resource center to prepare you for your next opportunity
- Job seekers post your resume and job search
- Employers search candidates and post jobs
Professional Nursing Certification Exams
We have several certifications available and encourage our members to become certified in their fields of expertise.
- Nurse Leadership Certification Prep and Training
- Certified Director of Nursing Administration/LTC CDONA™ Exam
- LPN Certification Prep Course
- Certified Licensed Practical Nurse in LTC (CLPN™) Exam
- Assisted Living Nurse Certification Prep Course
- Certified Assisted Living Nurse CALN™ Exam
- Diabetic Learning Modules and Certified Diabetic Exam
- Geriatric Diabetic Professional Certification Exam
- Infection Prevention and Control Certificate of Mastery Program
- Infection Prevention Board Certified IP-BC Certification Exam
- Antibiotic Stewardship Certificate of Mastery – 10
- Antibiotic Stewardship-Board Certified AS-BC Certification Exam
- QAPI-BC – Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Certificate of Mastery Program
- QAPI-BC – Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Certification Exam
Ask us about Discounts on all exams for Corporate Members…. Email: email@example.com
EXCLUSIVE TO MEMBERS ONLY
- “Like” us on FACEBOOK
- Join our LINKEDIN Exclusive Group
- NURSES LOUNGE – exclusive to NADONA members to interact and exchange ideas, policies and stay apprised of the latest State Chapter updates
- “MEMBERS ACCESS” to receive NADONA discounts on policies, manuals, procedures, etc.
- LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP for qualified retired NADONA members
- MONTHLY E-NEWSLETTER
Caring for the Ages is the official newspaper of AMDA and provides post-acute and long-term care professionals with timely and relevant news and commentary about clinical developments and about the impact of health care policy on long-term care medicine.
Provider – American Health Care Association’s magazine for LTC professionals
Healthcare Hygiene Magazine is the Science-Driven, Alternative Voice in the Infection Prevention Media Segment
- Unites the clinical community with industry R&D and scientific affairs entities and regulatory bodies
- Facilitates the exchange of ideas and solutions aimed at the most critical issues facing healthcare professionals
- Provides a platform for the promotion of new research and data that addresses current gaps in knowledge and implementation of best practices
- Drives innovation in content and special programs designed to educate all stakeholders in healthcare risk management, patient safety and quality improvement
Great for NEW DONs, this service allows you to speak directly to a veteran DON and get advice or the latest educational materials.
This service is provided to MEMBERS ONLY.
If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Why Attend This Year’s Annual Conference?
Long-term and Post-Acute care are continuously changing. New regulations and guidelines are being implemented in facilities across the country.
Keeping educated and on top of these are a constant challenge for DONs and Nurse Leaders. Communicating with staff and families remains a challenge, and in light of the recent changes, even more important than ever!
The National Conference will provide you with updates on these and other important trends that are, or will be, affecting you, your facilities, and your residents. We will provide ideas on how to relax, take time for yourself and refill your cup. After all, if your cup runs dry, how are you able to assist anyone?
Reasons to Attend
- 4 days of education focusing on current issues of greatest importance to your residents and facilities, including compliance, clinical practice, reimbursement, leadership, clinical operations and human resources.
- Over 20 hours of nursing continuing education education credits and administrator continuing education credits.
- Discussion of survey management investigations dealing with new reimbursement system, while retaining staff and being ethical are several topics to be covered.
- Networking with key personnel within your state and across the US.
- Exhibits and product theaters that will highlight new and innovative products and services that can be used throughout your facility.
- Enjoy the opening night reception on Sunday sponsored by NADONA and cheer on your colleagues at the awards banquet Tuesday afternoon. Both are included in your registration fee.
- Meet new friends and regenerate and refresh old friendships.
Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Certificate of Mastery Course
Do you wonder if your QAPI program is all it can be?
Do you question if you know enough about QAPI to make it effective?
A sample of areas to be covered in the course include:
- Committee Construction and Leadership
- Root Cause Analysis
- Data Review and Utilization
Following the completion of this course a board certification exam will be available online for an additional fee.
QAPI (Conference not included)
Friday, June 23rd – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm – Certificate of Mastery Day 1
Saturday, June 24th – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm – Certificate of Mastery Day 2
- Pre-Conference QAPI Certification Review – member…………………..$350
- Pre-Conference QAPI Certification Review – non-member……………$600
This certification is open to all health care professionals, front-line staffs and Clergy who work in health care settings. CE Provided for RNs only.
Certified Dementia Practitioner Certification
CDP certification represents that the front-line staff and health care professional has received comprehensive knowledge in the area of dementia care, achievement in completing the Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care course/seminar, met the NCCDP requirements for CDP certification, applied for the CDP certification and received the CDP certification.
The CDP commits to ongoing professional development through NCCDP Staff Education Week or other educational opportunities and re-certification every two years. A CDP certification reflects a deep personal commitment on the part of the front-line staff, health care professional, and the organization’s sense of accountability by abiding by NCCDP the Ethic’s statement, inspiring confidence and dedication in an individual’s professional knowledge through quality of life and quality of care provided by the CDP to the dementia patient.
This certification is open to all health care professionals, front-line staffs and Clergy who work in health care settings.
NCCDP – Certified Dementia Practitioner (Conference not included)
Saturday, June 24th – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Certified Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Trainer
The CADDCT seminar includes Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care PowerPoint curriculum on a memory stick, a master student handout notebook, Instructor manual, NCCDP Intimacy and Aging Video on a memory stick (sexuality video dealing with staff concerns), textbooks that include the environment, diagnosis and communication (textbooks subject to change), pretest and posttest for students, sample brochure, sample class certificate, sample sign-in sheet, Information on database development, information on obtaining approval for CEU’s, fees to charge, certifications as a CDP Certified Dementia Practitioner, certification as CADDCT NCCDP Certified Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Trainer.
CADDCT Program (Certified Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Trainer Certification®) (Conference not included)
Saturday, June 24th – 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Pre-registration required for all pre-conferences. Application is non-refundable/transferable.
Circle of Excellence Award Application
Click here to download the Circle of Excellence Award Application.
Facility DON/ADON must be an active member of NADONA. Zero (0) facility deficiencies from state or federal survey OR proof of employment at the same facility/community as a Director of Nursing or equivalent for at least 10 years. Evidence must be submitted at time of application.
NADONA Nurse Leader of the Year Nomination Form
Click here to fill out the online NADONA Nurse Leader of the Year Nomination Form. Deadline is April 15, 2023.
Stephanie Carroll Scholarship Application
Nurse Leader, Facility Administrator/Executive Director Letter
Surveyor Template Letter
Amanda Kistler Scholarship Program (CDONA)
This scholarship opportunity is available to NADONA licensed nurses, who want to become certified in order to advance their nursing practice. The certified nurse will use their knowledge to positively impact resident life.
Stephanie Carroll Scholarship
You must currently be enrolled in an accredited school of nursing and have an interest in post-acute and long-term care.
State and National Educational Conferences offering CEs, NAB credits, Clinical symposia, Product Workshops, Exhibitors provide new tools, Networking, Relaxation and Fun!
Watch our Home page or Event Calendar for information!
The Director – NADONA’s quarterly official journal with CE supplements, conference proceedings and conferences are just some of the many educational tools you’ll receive from NADONA/LTC. In addition, professional materials, such as Standards of Practice for Directors of Nursing in LTC, Director of Nursing Field Guide, LPN Field Guide, networking, policies & procedure manuals, e-newsletter and our mentor program.
Must be a member to view our The Director online!
Members have access to the Tool Kit page (Members Only).
These tool kits contain disease state information, forms, and resources that can be used in the members facilities.
If the tools are altered in any way the NADONA name and trademark should be removed.